Tuesday, July 19, 2011

NOTD: Strawberries

It's been pretty warm lately so to get into the summer mood I decided to do a strawberry inspired nail look. It may be hard to see in the photos, and they don't do the polishes justice at all, but my favorite one is the thumb. 


After applying a base coat, I used one coat of Aphrodite's Pink Nightie by OPI, which is a pearly pink. This particular color is quite opaque, so I only needed one coat, whereas usually I apply two coats for most polishes. 


Then I used a toothpick (I don't have any nail dotting tools) to create the green leaves using Fairway by Adoree- a shimmery green with gold undertones - and the seeds using It's Totally Fort Worth It by OPI- a shimmery grey. 
Both of these polishes I received from Haute Lacquer as a prize, and you can check it out on my Lucky Shenanigans page.
I bought Aphrodite's Pink Nightie and the base and top coats with my own money.


 The seeds don't show up very well in the photos but I do hope you enjoyed my first Nail of the Day :)



2 comments:

Minty said...

It looks amazing! How did I miss this post, lol. I need to catch up. Great use of the polishes. (:

SweetShenanigans said...

Haha thank you so much! Any encouragment is greatly appreciated

About Me

My photo
I love anything girly, especially bath and body products, makeup, jewelry and other cute stuff. If you are interested in me doing a review of your product, please contact me and I would be happy to chat with you. My email is girl23rocks@hotmail.com Thank you =)